Data Storage Product Manufacturing Equipment Design & Development
We are the premier custom factory equipment provider for the assembly and manufacturing of data storage devices. Over 60% of the world’ current media for data storage is processed by equipment using Owens Designs’ media handling solutions. We have developed a comprehensive family of solutions from high throughput linear tracks to ultra-precise vacuum chuck loading to cassette-less wet process cleaning.
- Metrology and inspection equipment
- Pre-sputter front end cleaning solutions, PVA scrub, ultrasonics, megasonics, and IPA vapor drying
- Post-sputter lube, activation, and buffing equipment
- Final assembly HDD test handling, data storage server assembly
Our capabilities include:
- Media handling: ID mandrels, grippers, suction cups; OD handling saddles, grippers, and vacuum paddles; all form factors, Al and Glass substrates
- Cassette handling: process, shipping, lidding, custom cassettes
- Single disk and batch processing, cassette-less 50 disk transfers
- ESD, cleanroom, and chemical compatibility
- Meeting all regulatory requirements
- IPA vapor dryer (Marangoni Drying), 50 discs, cassette-less, fully automated lid and disc transfer to overhead gantry.
- Tape burnish system, multi-head, constant radial velocity, 48 – 95 mm form factors.
- Surface inspection handling system, automatic form factor change, cassette buffering, random slot access, particulate and vibration environmental control.
- Lubrication bonding activation system, UV light exposure, cassette buffering and management, 1,000 pph.
- Nanoimprint mastering and replication handling system, quartz mask and disc media, optical pre-alignment to 50 um, integrated cassette management, disk swapping end effector, ULPA environmental control.
- HDD array burn-in tester loading system, factory interface module, incorporating 6 docking locations, interface to gantry robot.
- Data server assembly workstation, 4-axis and 6 axis robots, machine vision, screw driving, multi-end effector tool exchange, force tracking for component insertion.