Custom Laser Process & Automation
Manufacturers needing automated laser solutions that scale know how difficult it can be to find the right partner.
Laser companies may know lasers but they don’t know how to incorporate them into the manufacturing process at scale. Custom automation equipment manufacturers know how to design and manufacture equipment to scale production but aren’t laser experts.
By partnering with Turner Laser Systems (TLS), conveniently headquartered in our building, Owens Design delivers the best of both worlds: state-of-the-art, automated laser processes that can be scaled to meet your production requirements – helping you bridge the valley of death for new product introductions.
The Laser Automation Design & Build Process
Our experienced laser and automation engineers work closely with your team to develop and deliver custom laser technologies tailored to your production and manufacturing needs, including automated, specialized and precise micromachining applications.
Turner Laser System’s 360-Mastery Methodology is designed to develop a production-ready process, provide you real data, and demonstrate a solution that fits your business, technological and manufacturing needs. This systematic approach can include pre-production parts for testing, ensuring smooth transition from R&D to production.
- Initial Consultation: to understand process requirements, product specifications, and more
- Laser Selection: determining the right laser for your application
- Design & Build of Your Part: to your specifications with optimized and custom technology
- Manufacturing Qualification: to achieve optimal throughput, yield, reliability, and more
- Glass filimentation
- Curved materials
- Flexible electronics
- Large panels (Gen 4, 6, 7)
- Web handling
- Glass (all types)
Custom Laser Tools
Our standardized industrial laser platform includes:
- Customized laser engine and beam delivery*
- Mechanical frame for stabilized motion
- High precision XYZ motion control*
- Class 1 laser safety enclosure with CDRH compliance
- Powerful turn-key TLS Micromachining Software for 2D and 3D CAD CAM, recipe development, automation and full tool control (with upgrade options)
- Ergonomic HMI with adjustable position and angle
- Electrical & pneumatic sub-systems (NFPA79)
- Easy access for routine maintenance
*Configurable to application
Your tools can be configured to include:
- High accuracy vision
- Height sensors for 3D part mapping
- Variety of standardize or custom vacuum chucks and fixtures
- Integrated fume extraction with HEPA filtration
- Rotary systems
- Automatic part loading/unloading
- Semiconductor cassette handling
- Roll-to-roll feeding
- Conveyor feed-in and out