A medical device diagnostic manufacturer needed to rapidly replicate an in-house designed manufacturing tool to ramp up production.
A complete tool with multiple control systems needed to be an exact copy but there was limited documentation. Customer engineers were busy with new product development and tool commissioning, and the production ramp-up required many weeks of engineering support.
- Identified gaps in customer documentation
- Identified and corrected a BOM error that eliminated redundant components and reduced the cost significantly
- Worked with the customer’s engineers to create an accurate and complete documentation package while the tool was built
- Captured unspoken design intent requirements
- Took over all responsibility for the tool’s commissioning and production ramp-up
- Created tooling and software to facilitate system testing
- Shortened the system debug and alignment time from 8 to 3 weeks