Owens Design Inc. is seeking a highly motivated, forward-thinking Enterprise Sales Executive in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Do you enjoy selling to fast-growing tech companies – from start-ups to Fortune 500? Do you want to make a difference for your clients, enabling them to manufacture some of the most technologically advanced products in the world? Would you like to sell highly differentiated products and services for a company that enjoys solid traction with blue chip companies like Tesla, Beckman-Coulter, Boston Scientific, Bloom Energy or Pre-IPO companies/Start-ups?
Now is the time to capitalize on your Enterprise Sales experience to drive growth and bottom-line results at Owens Design, Inc. (ODI).
ODI Enterprise Sales Executives may come from different backgrounds, but they share a passion for managing the complexities of selling to and managing relationships with fast-moving manufacturers and equipment companies. They make a difference in the world by helping highly innovative companies build better products at scale.
Ask yourself if these characteristics fit you. If they do, it’s time to take the next step.
- I have a passion for sales.
- I enjoy working with product design and manufacturing organizations.
- I enjoy the challenge of both selling into large enterprise accounts or start-ups.
- I want to build a strong, profitable book of business based on my effort, knowledge, and experience.
ODI specializes in designing and building mission-critical manufacturing equipment that requires highly customized, complex development. We work with leaders and future leaders on cutting-edge automation technologies that make a positive impact on the world. When you join Owens Design, you’ll become part of a company that has designed and shipped more than 3,000 tools over the past 40 years.
Owens Design has a rich history of employee-led success that has resulted in a strong company culture and solid workplace principles that make us a leader in the automation industry. We strongly believe in:
- Making ODI a great place to work for our employees (work / life balance is essential)
- Helping our customers by becoming their trusted advisors and partners
- Collaboration across all functions of the company
To the right candidates we offer:
- Base salary plus commissions
- Great benefits including 401K matching, HSA-based Health Insurance, Quarterly Profit Sharing
- A flexible work environment and interaction with a strong, supportive, enthusiastic team
- The opportunity to network with design, engineering, manufacturing, and operations leaders at the world’s most innovative companies.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have had success selling a conceptual product or service to executives.
- Have been a top performer wherever you worked.
- Be passionate about Sales and Customer Service
- Be passionate about personal development and ongoing learning.
- Have a will to win and the discipline to succeed.
* We will consider candidates with non-sales backgrounds provided they have experience in engineering, project management, manufacturing or related fields and a strong desire and the discipline to excel in a sales role.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- End-to-end sales execution from prospecting for and qualifying new leads, to proposal development and delivery and closing deals.
- Prospect for new business everyday – create, execute, and tune outreach strategies and messaging to generate warm introductions and referrals, connections through LinkedIn, inbound leads via outbound email campaigns and/or cold calling as necessary.
- Develop relationships with and referrals from supplier partners.
- Schedule and lead qualification meetings with prospects.
- Develop and deliver proposals based on your expert knowledge of ODI’s product offerings and value propositions.
- Track all sales data.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your background should include:
- Experience selling manufacturing and/or product design services to small and large Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) or factory manufacturers.
- Experience managing long (6-month or longer), complex sales cycles.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated ability to work solo as well as being a team player.
- Strong work ethic and eagerness to learn and make new connections.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and willingness to collaborate to win in a highly competitive environment.
- Experience using prospecting applications while keeping track of dead-end leads. Proficient in CRM and productivity applications such as LinkedIn, Zoho, Dripify and others.
- Outgoing personality with a friendly disposition
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is – or isn’t – working
- High energy and customer-focused approach
Interested candidates should apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Enterprise Sales Executive” as the subject. To learn more, visit us at https://www.owensdesign.com/career-opportunities/.
Salary Range $ 120K to $ 160K (not including commission).