SOLUTION SET: Hard Disk Drive Media and Cassette Handling
The handling requirements for hard disk drive media continue to get more demanding due to the proliferation of multiple (small) form factors, tighter cleanliness requirements and increasing throughputs. Owens Design thoroughly understands the unique requirements for hard disk media manufacturing. Our proven disk and cassette handling designs are used in processing over 60% of the worlds current hard disk media. Our equipment is well known within the industry for its excellent engineering, extremely high reliability, and ease of service.
Disk and Cassette Handling Solutions
Multiple Form Factor Solutions
- ID mandrels, grippers and suction cups.
- OD saddles, grippers and vacuum paddles.
- Process, shipping and custom cassettes.
- Single disk and batch processing systems.
- ESD, clean room and chemical compatibility.
The growing demand for low-cost, high-capacity, and compact storage for mobile devices is pushing development of small form-factor hard disk drives.
- Compatible with all form factors (22-95mm)
- Fully automated systems that adjust to multiple form factors without operator intervention.
- Quick form factor conversion.
- Aluminum and glass substrates.
Capabilities Disk Sizes
- Cassette exchange
- Disk merge
- Polish automation
- Texture Post polish, texture and final clean
- UV and IR cure
- FTP (buff and wipe)
- Optical test (automated spindle loading)
- Disk Sizes: 21-95mm OD, 5-25mm ID.
- Cassettes: Process and Shipping, all sizes, color and materials. Substrate Types: Aluminum, Glass (bare and coated)
- Environment: Dry, wet, high temperature and vacuum
- Disk handling: ID mandrels, grippers and suction cups. OD saddles, grippers and vacuum paddles.
- 1000 pph (50 disk batch process)
- > 500 pph (single disk process)
- > 90% Utilization
- All EHS and compliance standards as required
- CAL-OSHA, SEMI, NFPA, NEC, UL and CE
Hard Disk Drive Media and Cassette Handling